NallPro's Server+ Sample Exam Questions
All of these Server+ Exam were designed by Kumar Nalliah, E.Eng, Net.Eng, MCSE, MCP+I, A+, Network+ Server+
1. After upgrading a server from a software RAID solution to a hardware RAID solution, the administrator notices a substantial increase in performance. Which of the following would best explain the increase?
2. A new hardware RAID controller has been installed but is not recognized by the server BIOS. Which of the following could be done to solve the problem?
3. A customer is using a DAT drive for data backup. The drive will backup intermittently, usually stopping towards the end of the backup job. The customer claims to have cleaned the drive just two days ago, but the problem still exists. What should be the next step in troubleshooting the backup problem?
4. While performing a daily review of the system logs, a server manager notices that the latest error entry in the log indicates that a specific service or function has stopped operating. What should be the next diagnostic step taken by the server manager?
5. While auditing a client site, the technician notices that the SNMP monitor has a high volume of messages from the servers indicating that each server has reached 5%network utilization. The alerts were configured by the previous administrator.
6. An existing UPS has succeeded in preventing immediate, unplanned shutdown, but the run time on a fully- charged battery is too short for a clean shut down of the Network OS.
7. A company server is connected to a RAID 5 storage subsystem. A drive failure occurs and goes unnoticed.
8. After the four pieces of equipment listed below were connected, the UPS went into an overload condition.
9. A server currently uses an Ultra2 SCSI controller. A directive to install an Ultra ATA 100 drive is ordered by management. Which of the following reasons would prevent technician form using this drive?
10. A company has hired an installation service company to install a server. The SCSI devices are configured to use the same SCSI controller. The installation appeared to be successful. After six hours, the server's SCSI devices are randomly inaccessible. A reboot temporarily resolves the issue.
11. The company server must be shut down for an upgrade. Which of the following sequences is the best practice when shutting down a server?
12. A wake-on-LAN adapter has been installed on a server. However, the server does not wake up as expected. Which of the following should be done to resolve the problem?
13. A new UPS has been installed with a signal cable that connects the server to the UPS. However, the server cannot communicate with the UPS. Which of the following is the likely cause?
14. Which of the following types of backup media is recommend to maximize storage on a 24 GB DAT drive?
15. A server technician is verifying a new network configuration on a UNIX server and types IPCONFIG at the prompt. Nothing happens. Which of the following commands should have been used to accomplish this?
Copyright © 1999 - 2005 NallPro® All rights reserved.